Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
Eat pie, help kids!
Indy Pie Wars is back with a vengence. If you thought last year was deliciously fun, get ready to unbuckle your belt a notch for Indy Pie Wars: The Pastry Strikes Back! (cue: Star Wars music)
Join the greater Indianapolis social media community for a fun evening of dough and fundraising at our annual pie smack down on Monday, September 24, 2012. Amateur bakers from Noblesville to Greenwood will be bringing their best to City Market to compete for the coveted "Pie Maker Jedi" award. All proceeds from the event will be donated to School On Wheels, to help provide tutoring and advocacy for school-aged kids impacted by homelessness.
PARTICIPATE IN ONE OF THREE WAYS
1. Contestant - Sign up to enter the pie judging competition. Pieces of pie will be sold to raise funds for School On Wheels. See below for judging rules.
2. Participant - Don't want to be judged? Not problem. Simply bring a pie (store bought ONLY please!). Pieces of pie will be sold for $5 a piece to raise funds for School On Wheels.
3. Attendee - Just enjoy eating pie? Who doesn't? Pay a $5 attendance fee and then come enjoy a great selection of pies for $5 per slice. Your attendance fee will be donated to School On Wheels.
HELP SCHOOL ON WHEELS
To raise money for School On Wheels, pies provided by Pie Wars Attendees and Contestants will be sold at $5 per slice.
PLEASE NOTE: While you can pay at the door, YOU MUST RSVP if you are attending because of space restrictions.
HOSTED BY CITY MARKET
Indy Pie Wars: The Pastry Strikes Back is hosted by City Market (222 East Market Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204)
Dessert before dinner. Isn't being a grown-up great?!
This year's event is sponsored by local, Indiana based organizations dedicated to giving back to their communities. With their help can bring delicious Pies to the masses and help children in need in the Indianapolis area!
Main Event Sponsors have dedicated time and resources to bringing #PieWars2012 to you! In return, each sponsor will be heading the judging for an individual pie category of their choosing, from Berry to Cream.
*SPONSOR INFO TO COME*
Contributing Sponsors have donated materials, prizes, and promotional time to #PieWars2012 to bring the highest quality social event to you. With their help, we're able to provide you social updates, great door prizes, and plenty of help behind the scenes.
*SPONSOR INFO TO COME*
News coming soon on our judging panel...
DONORS AND VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
We are still looking for prize and raffle sponsors, as well as additional in-kind contributions. If you are interested in helping out as a sponsor, donor or volunteer, please email Jarred Juett at email@example.com, Joe Shoemaker at firstname.lastname@example.org or Beth Buddenbaum at email@example.com.
ABOUT SCHOOL ON WHEELS
The mission of School on Wheels is to provide one-on-one tutoring and educational advocacy for school-aged children impacted by homelessness.
The vision is to equip children impacted by homelessness with the educational tools necessary to achieve success in life and break the cycle of homelessness.
To contact School On Wheels, please call 317-202-9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR PIE COMPETITION
- Contest Registration opens August 28, 2012 and continues through September 21, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.
- Registration takes place on the PieWars Eventbrite page.
- Pie drop-off will be held from 5:30 to 6 p.m. at City Market.
- Judging begins promptly at 6 p.m., beginning with cream pies. No refrigeration is available.
18 or older.
How To Enter:
- Sign up to attend and bring pie(s) for judging here on our PieWars Eventbrite page.
- Submit one pie for judging plus one of the same pie for the fundraiser.
- Berry Pies (Strawberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, etc.)
- Fruit Pies (Apple, Peach, etc.)
- Nut Pies (Pecan, etc.)
- Cream Pies (Sugar Cream, Chocolate, Lemon, Coconut, etc.)
Entries should be baked in an aluminum foil pan.
All competition pies must be fully baked. No raw or uncooked eggs. The finished pie cannot contain raw/uncooked eggs (whites or yolks). Egg must reach 160 degrees to be considered cooked.
All participants in the judged competition must be amateur .
All pies should be accompanied by a clearly printed index card that includes your NAME, PHONE NUMBER, PIE NAME and PIE CATEGORY.
1st, and 2nd Place Ribbons for each category. "Best of Show" Award.
By participating in this event, entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and decisions of the judges. Entrants will agree to release all who participate in the production of this event from any liability without limitations.